I’m currently recruiting for a Product Designer to join a manufacturer in Preston who are market leaders of moulded plastic products.
My client is a market leader in several European countries as well as shipping to over 60 other countries worldwide.
Based in Preston my client has a turnover of around £20m and employs around 185 employees, operating from a 4 acre manufacturing site and a 3.7 acre distribution site nearby.
The Product Designer will be working with the R&D Manager to support the R&D team undertaking all aspects of the Design and Manufacturing process to the required specification, in line with quality standards and new product developments.
- The Product Designer must meet the demands of supporting new product launches and entry into new industries.
- Excellent English language skills, desirable in French.
- Must be able to maintain an effective structured and organised environment for self and working with the R&D team.
- Able to balance priorities when several projects may be ongoing at any time. Able to multitask and be flexible in approach to workload, utilising time management tools.
- Degree in Product design or similar is favourable
- Background in Manufacturing is favourable
- 3D product design
- Product design involving complex assemblies
- Working to detailed design specifications
- Producing new product design concepts
- Tool design concerned with new product development and product modifications
- Working with internal & external toolmakers to coordinate tool manufacture
- Oversight of new product development projects from concept to tooling under the supervision of the R&D Manager
- Using 3D printing technology to design & generate prototypes from small-scale to full-scale models
- Assisting with product testing to ensure compliance with regulations
- Assisting with new product release documentation and general product release coordination activities
- Provision of technical support, drawings and other R&D related activities to support other function areas within the business
There are a host of benefits for a Product Designer on offer:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday entitlement (inclusive of Bank Holidays and includes 4 day Christmas shutdown)
- Government Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted.
We will consider your application for other potential roles.
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer