Production Manager – Manufacturing
£ Very competitive
Are you a driven and committed Production Manager who is looking for the next step in your career? Are you keen to work for a long standing and reputable manufacturing business with a well established workforce?
If so, then we’d like to hear from you. Cordant People Cardiff are currently working with a leading local organisation to hire an experienced Production Manager. Reporting to the Plant Manager, you would be responsible for the following key tasks
- Managing the performance of the Manufacturing processes with the assistance of the Supervisors, with regard to Quality, Cost and Delivery, taking full responsibility for achieving key performance indicators.
- Effectively managing critical resources i.e. labour, overtime, machine performance etc. to achieve optimum output.
- Embracing TOC principles, managing and reviewing buffers on a daily basis to ensure buffer targets are achieved.
- Assist in the preparation of the departmental Budget, with regards to controllable costs, headcount, overtime etc.
- Work with Human Resources on employment, discipline, health, safety and environment issues.
- Analyse production performance in terms of respective targets e.g. schedule adherence, scrap rate, due date performance, absence, accidents etc.
- Holding monthly communications with team regarding company performance.
- Ensure that the Operations Manager is kept informed of Manufacturing progress during daily briefings.
- Monitoring customer returns in line with departmental targets and ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are taken.
Responsible for Health, Safety and Environment including Risk Assessments, Accident Investigation, Near Misses and Hazard Identification.
- Responsible for the training and development of all team members through the effective management of PDR process.
- Proposing and agreeing with Supervisors clear, meaningful targets to meet Manufacturing and Departmental KPIs
- Providing direction and support for the Supervisors and Teams to achieve the agreed targets through team meetings providing a 2-way communication channel and regular feedback
- Liaising and cooperating with other departments, managers as necessary in order to achieve company objectives.
- Actively encouraging Supervisors to take a proactive approach to continuous improvement through participation in and the leading of improvement teams
- Ensuring that the PDR process is carried out fairly and consistently with all Supervisors on a 6 monthly basis
- Carrying out a thorough review of PDR’s carried out by Supervisors for all employees within the department
- Leading and motivating others by recognising good performance, encouraging involvement and participation of employees.
- Developing a ‘vision’ for department in line with global Manufacturing Vision and work proactively to achieve this goal.
Key and experience required:
- Experience working in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Sound knowledge of TBS products/processes
- Ability to fully understand production data, analyse trends and take appropriate corrective action
- Able to set direction and communicate clear departmental/section objectives to the team
- Ability to manage and motivate team members effectively – excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Demonstrates the ability to make decisions where necessary taking into consideration all relevant and available information
- Excellent planning & organisational skills, able to plan ahead, complete tasks on time and to the required standard
- Task orientated individual, a completer finisher
- Flexible and adaptable, with a positive attitude to change and improvement.
- Understands the overall direction of the business and is able to appreciate the relevance and impact of departmental performance
- Must have the ability to remain calm and objective when working under pressure
Interested? Then we’d love to hear from you. Please could you upload your CV as a Microsoft Word document to be immediately considered for interview.
*Cordant People ltd is an equal opportunities employer*
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer