I am currently recruiting for a Production Operative for my client based in Sheffield working over a rotating shift pattern of days and nights.
- Assisting and running the manufacturing lines and packing the finished products on a rotating 2 shifts days and nights shift operation.
- Ensuring the line is efficiently changed including material blends, process condition setting and print changes.
- Performing quality inspection test to ensure the suitability of the finished product to defined and certified quality standards.
- Finished goods labelling, packing and preparation.
- Warehousing duties including storage of finished goods and supply of raw materials
- Work within the organisation’s Health and Safety guidelines to keep work area and equipment safe and clean.
- Ideally will have plastics processing experience and familiar with either extrusion, injection moulding, blow moulding.
- Printing experience (flexo) would also be a major advantage.
- Alternatively machine operation experience of manufacturing machinery ideally continuous manufacturing and/or some engineering experience.
- Would be willing to drive counterbalance and reach trucks.
- Need reliable (timekeeping), attention to detail, capable of working with minimal supervision to deadlines.
- Capable of getting through a high volume of work accurately.
- Need to be able to work within a team and contribute to the bigger business in terms of suggestions and contribution to improving processes and systems.
- Full machine operation training and training on company systems will be given.
- Is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that work planned for the day is completed.
The successful candidate will need to be:
- Strongly self-motivated – showing a desire to get things done.
- Passionate and driven – being prepared to go the ‘extra mile’ to achieve objectives.
- Committed to excellence -providing the best and being driven by satisfaction.
- Team player: Understand the need to cooperate with team colleagues to get the job done in a timely manner.
- Ambitious – thriving on achievement and keen to develop.
- Flexible– adapting approach to suit the situation and business need.
- Communication – both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and accuracy – strives for 100% accuracy 100% of the time.
Hours: (06:00 – 18:00, 18:00 – 06:00)
Pay: £8.78 per hour
Cordant People are an Employment Agency and an equal opportunities employer. Ref CP1
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer