Here at Cordant People we are currently recruiting a Production Planner to join one of our clients based in Ebbw Vale.
You would need prior experience as a Production Planner and you would also need experience of using SAP. If you have experience in the Automotive industry that is advantageous.
You would get lucrative benefits such as:
- 26 days holiday per year (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Salary will be circa £30k depending on experience
- After 3 months – join pension scheme where the company will match up to 7%
- Working hours Monday to Thursday 08:15-16:45 and Friday 08:15 – 13:15
This role is responsible for all production planning, purchased part expediting, stock and monitoring and achievement of Key Performance Indicators.
The role will also include various reporting requirements to the Supply Chain Manager or to support the creation of reports by extracting and manipulating data from SAP to assist in the completion of various weekly/monthly reports – Sales Forecast, Supplier MPM, Delivery Performance, etc.
Main job roles:
- Maintain the MPS for all manufactured products in line with customer requirements and available capacity via regular reviews of the MPS and daily management of orders
- Produce a production plan on a weekly basis for manufacture the following week, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction and best production efficiency.
- Create and issue all production paperwork in line with the production plan.
- Print, check and issue all supplier schedules on a weekly basis.
- Agree any purchase part/material rescheduling requirements with suppliers and confirm delivery dates.
- For purchased parts/materials managed on a “call-off” basis – on a weekly basis issue a daily call-off schedule.
- Monitor supplier performance and discuss with each supplier on a weekly basis.
- Expedite all critical purchase parts with suppliers (availability, late customer deliveries etc) and maintain promise data.
- Monitor finished goods stock levels and maintain inventory policies in line with the agreed rules / targets in place.
- Monitor A/M availability and issue report of shortages, reasons and promised dates for all manufactured finished goods.
- Resolve with Managers any capacity issues.
- Keep Sales Administrators/Manager informed of any customer delivery issues.
- Investigate and resolve all purchased part/material stock and delivery queries.
To be successful for this role you need to have:
- Proven experience in Production Planning
- Experience using SAP
- Computer literate
- Proven experience in a previous Planning / Procurement role required
- Strong organising and planning skills
- Analytically thinking and problem solving
- Must be flexible
If you are a Production planner and would be interested in this job role then please apply!
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer