Due to ongoing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Production Planning Manager to join a leading manufacturer of glass based products, at their plant based in Liverpool.
The company are a well established, market leader of high quality glass products, supplying a wide variety of industries across the UK. With the most modern and versatile machinery available, the company prides themselves on their flexibility to manufacture to customer specifications, wherever needed, with customer service and quality paramount.
Your role will suit an experienced, shop floor Production Manager, ideally within a small batch/bespoke manufacturing environment, who will be required to plan the daily operations of the glass processing dept.
The Production Planning Manager responsibilities are:
- To plan daily shift patterns, according to production requirements, ensuring effective use of staff and machinery.
- To liaise with IT Manager re optimisation required for CNC machinery to maintain efficient production schedule
- Together with Shift Supervisors, monitor progress of daily performance, speed/efficiency of working and quality control of approximately 300 non-standard orders per week
- Regularly review current job orders with Processing Office team to determine schedules
- To liaise with Transport Manager re packing, loading and timing of deliveries, nationwide
- To liaise with Engineer regarding any machine issues, as well as regular maintenance schedules
- Resolve production issues and escalate unresolved issues to management promptly.
- Assist in employee hiring, performance evaluation and career development/training activities
The Production Planning Manager will have:
- Production Planning experience from a small batch/bespoke Manufacturing/Engineering industry.
- People Management experience within a Production/Manufacturing environment.
- Planning and organisation skills to be able run and monitor the production process the ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems.
- IT literacy.
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality.
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and customers.
- The ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work in a logical, systematic manner.
Salary £33-36k, dependent on experience
Plus holidays, pension, discretionary bonus and benefits
Hours Monday to Friday 40 per week between 7am – 4pm
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer