My client located in Teesside is looking for a Production Supervisor to join their team on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will have experience in production and warehousing environments, with a good understanding of the processes involved in both departments. Previous experience in a similar role/environment would be an advantage.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managing a team of around 20 people when managers are occupied or offsite
- Track inventory levels
- Pick orders and help in the factory where needed
- Liaising with senior management of issues on site
- Communicate and collaborate with other team members
- Being able to effectively problem solve in a high pressured, fast paced manufacturing environment
- Overseeing the day to day production, ensuring all is running to the correct time
- An element of quality checking final products as they are being loaded for delivery
- Use of FLT to load delivery wagons (licence is required).
- Offering support and guidance to new employees
Due to the nature of the role, it would be beneficial for the successful applicant to have basic engineering skills to perform small, on site repairs to machinery. It would suit someone who is an all round candidate and happy to muck in where necessary!
The starting salary for the role is £21k, working day shift. Immediate start available for the right candidate.
Cordant People is an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer