Supervise a team of production and warehouse personnel to ensure the provision of a professional incoming goods, storage and dispatch service to customers. Contribute to the success of the company by supporting the managers in the day to day running of both warehouses. Ensure that Health & Safety requirements are met and that the highest standards of housekeeping are maintained.
- Ensure effective, safe and accurate stock management to include stock labelling.
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of the effective supervision, training & development of your team.
- Plan, monitor and adjust staffing levels including sickness, holidays, hours and overtime in-line with company needs.
- Supervise and issue job orders to production staff
- Organise and ensure regular and accurate stock counts.
- Involvement in daily management meetings or reports.
- Carry out the necessary paperwork to aid in the quality management systems needs of the company
- Implement the company’s Health & Safety policy, ensuring safe working conditions and practices within the warehouse.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Minimum 2 years sup[ervisor experience
- Experience of managing a team
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Ability to make decisions and use initiative
- High level of honesty and integrity
The ideal candidate will be forward thinking with an assertive personality and is prepared to be hands on with a willingness to learn and appreciate the product range in order to provide the best possible service to our customers.
Hours of work you will be asked to follow a 3 shift system 6am to 2pm/2pm to 10pm and 10pm to 6am
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
The role will be for an intial 3 month period and could lead to a temp to perm position
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer