The role – Purchase Ledger Supervisor
My cleint is currently looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger Supervisor to join the busy Finance department. This is a full time and permanent position based in the Exeter office. The primary focus of the role is to supervise the Purchase Ledger team whilst providing the below financial support:
- Check expense claims and purchase ledger, prior to payment
- Assist and oversee purchase ledger and expense claims
- Assist and oversee search postings/payments and Land Registry postings/payments
- Monitor/supervise train and hotel booking system and company credit card accounts
- Ensure client chargeable expenses and invoices (where applicable) are processed correctly to comply with VAT and SRA’s rules.
- Assist generally with queries arising daily
You will be required to display initiative and meticulous attention to detail, build good working relationships, be a team player and have excellent communication skills . You will also have excellent organisational and time management skills, be willing to be flexible in line with the requirements of the role, and have the ability to remain calm under pressure. It would be beneficial if you had experience of working in a professional services environment. Knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules and an understanding of VAT rules and tax implications involved around expenses and invoicing are also preferred. It is essential for us that you have previous experience of supervising a team and have worked in a purchase ledger function.
My client is a fair and friendly firm and encourage the people to achieve their career ambitions in an engaging and supportive environment. The business support professionals play an integral part in the overall functioning of the firm. As an open-minded firm, they consider the business support departments to be as equally important as in the legal departments.
You can expect to be provided with excellent training and development opportunities, where you will be listened to and your ideas will contribute to the success of the firm. In addition, our spacious modern offices on the outskirts of Exeter offers free on-site parking and a subsidised café. We pride ourselves in being a collaborative and diverse team that delivers great results for our clients and for our people.
- Life Assurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 23 days annual leave, all bank holidays plus your birthday off and an extra day at Christmas. Your holiday entitlement increases with length of service.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Free Legal Services to Staff: Including wills and conveyancing
- Medicash: Health care cash plan for employees
- Free gym in our Exeter office
Please click and apply or contact Joshua Rowberry at Cordant People, Exeter
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer