Due to ongoing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electronic Engineer to join a leading manufacturer of Electronic products for a variety of industries, at their plant based in Nelson.
Ideally you will come from an Electronic Manufacturing background.
Your role will be to liaise with customers, visit customer sites, deliver projects on time whilst following company systems/processes.
The duties of the Electronic Engineer are:
- Engineering design and testing environment
- Analogue electronics
- PIC Micro-controllers and embedded software
- Design for EMC, Design for Test and Design for high volume Manufacture
- Mechanical packaging and environmental considerations.
- Strong technical knowledge of electronics systems/components
- Design of high-volume products
- PCB design and layout
- Proven experience of whole life cycle development
- Working and testing against global product standards, i.e. IEC, EN, MID
The skills the Electronic Engineer require are:
- Experience with CAD software
- OrCAD schematic capture or similar
- Allegro PCB designer or similar
- Solidworks or similar
The personal characteristics of the Electronic Engineer are:
- Effective communicator and strong technical documentation skills
- Flexible and adaptable, able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Business acumen, the ability to understand business needs as well as technical needs of the project
- Positive “Can-Do” attitude and the motivation to make a big difference in the business performance
- Not afraid to question
- A passion for learning
- Good team player
- Minimum BEng/ BSc in electronic engineering.
Salary dependent on experience £30-45k plus benefits and discretionary bonus scheme
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer