Here at Cordant People we are currently a Sales and Marketing Assistant to join a client of ours based in the Newport area. This role be 75% sales and 25% Marketing. This is a permanent Full time position paying £20-£23k salary plus commission. You will be working 9-5:30 Monday to Friday.
They are seeking to employ a driven and tenacious individual to join the company’s sales and marketing team based in Newport. The successful candidate will be tasked with securing new business leads for technical staff
across the company’s varied service offerings as well as assisting with a range of marketing activities.
Reporting to both the company directors and commercial manager, the role will involve:
- Generating business enquiries from largely commercial sources via telephone, email and occasionally field based canvassing.
- The ideal candidate will be confident, self-motivated, target driven and organised with a passion for delivering results.
- An individual who genuinely enjoys securing new business opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a Essential.
- Strong understanding of the sales process whilst experience in selling a professional service within the property sector would be very beneficial.
- Alongside lead generation, the role will also involve contributing to the company marketing including drafting of case studies, website and social media content and email marketing copy as well as taking an active role in the company marketing as a whole.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher
and Powerpoint will be expected.
- Knowledge/experience of using lead generation portals such as Barbour ABI, Glenigan or similar would be beneficial but not required
- Any experience in CAD would be looked upon very favourably but again, not a requirement.
Experience selling these products would be preferable Basement Waterproofing, Structural Repairs, Damp Proofing, Timber Treatments and Pest Control amongst others, so any knowledge of these services (or those closely associated) would be advantageous as the role will involve securing leads for each.
The company prides itself on providing the best possible solution to its customers and preserving its reputation as a ‘reliable and high quality service provider’ so a candidate with the confidence and ability to sell on quality and reputation rather than simply price, would be ideal.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven phone to phone sales experience
- Previous marketing experience or very strong written skills
- Expected to quickly develop a strong understanding of the company’s services and critically, understand how the company aims to deliver these services and generate turnover.
- Experience selling in the Construction sector is preferable but not essential
A company laptop and phone will be provided for the role as well as full training on all company services to the degree that is needed.
A target based commission/bonus structure will also be available.
If you feel this role is for you then please apply now.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer