This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a leading global engineering company. Our client based in South Molton is a part of an Aerospace Group, producing and modifying components for leading aerospace and defence companies worldwide. The site has close links to other sites in the UK and globally.
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced and qualified accountant to join their finance team.
Your duties will be:
– Assisting the Plant Controller in the consolidation and analysis of financial and operational information for the plant
– Working on profit planning, including strategic planning cycle
– Producing monthly results reports for the senior management
– Supporting the compliance assurance in relation to Sarbanes Oxley and internal compliance policies and procedures
– Providing accurate and timely market and variance analysis in line with monthly, quarterly and annual forecast requirements
– Partnering with senior management and providing advice and support to managers at all levels within the organisation
– Assisting in the preparation of the monthly forecast income statement and balance sheet and capital expenditure related reporting & administration
– Working on MFGPRO and Oracle systems in order to produce accurate analysis
– Working closely with Value Stream managers and ensuring work orders are accurate, preparing sales to margin analysis and reconciling inventory position for the site
– Working closely with the Continuous Improvement team on lean and improvement processes, reporting on cost out activities and making sure accurate metrics are in place
What do we expect from you?
– A degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline
– CIMA/ ACCA qualification (minimum part-qualified)
– Strong accounting experience within manufacturing environment
– Possessing knowledge of GAAP and US GAAP
– Understanding of the requirements for Sarbanes Oxley compliance processes
– Understanding of information systems processing (Oracle and MFGPRO would be preferable)
– Exceptional organisational skills and keen attention to detail
– Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to work within an international, multicultural US based matrix organisation
If this sounds like the job for you or you would like to hear more about this role, please click APPLY now or contact Jodie Tucker – Cordant People – Barnstaple on 01271 859135 or email me on
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted. Thank you.
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer