Senior Accounts Assistant /CIS Accounts Applications Payments
£25000-£28000 (FTC 12 MONTHS)
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
To deliver exceptional customer service to a variety of internal and external contacts. To work as part of the Accounts Team, where a commitment to supporting others and working collaboratively to achieve results is paramount. Having experience of using Microsoft Office applications and the ability to complete multiple tasks within tight timeframes.
To manage Projects including:
Creating the Projects on Sage/Business Central & allocating costs/ sales to the projects
Managing the Applications for Payment diary to ensure submitted on time
Creating the Sales Invoice in Sage / Business Central once certified
Liaising with suppliers/contractors to obtain quotations
Liaising with suppliers to raise the Purchase Orders & arrange deliveries to site
Ensuring site access has been discussed and suppliers informed of requirements
Ensuring Company’s Terms and Conditions have been issued – Verifying Sub Contractors on Sage/Business Central and submitting the monthly CIS return to HMR
To Produce the Monthly Management Accounts including:
Posting Purchase & Sales Invoices and allocating / posting the Receipts & Payments
Management of supporting schedules for the accounts and posting relevant journals including
Prepayments, Accruals, Fixed Assets, Work in Progress
Reconcile the Bank Account and Inter Company to Cash Book and Bank Statement
Produce the monthly Work in Progress schedule for the Projects
Calculate the monthly Commissions payments and notify Head of Finance for Payroll
Produce Trial Balance and complete Month End Pack ensuring all schedules, debtors and creditors reports correspond to the figures in the accounts & working papers are retained
Maintain the R&D folder for the Group
Prepare BACS payments for Suppliers and Sub Contractors for authorisation
Produce Mutual Debtors and Creditors Report for the Group
Take responsibility for raising the recharges invoices for the Group
Process expenses for all Company’s Employee’s
Assist Head of Finance with Audit Preparation for the company- Process P11D’s within required timescales.
Technical Competencies Senior Accounts Assistant
Qualifications * GCSE Grade C and above or equivalent in Maths and English
- Accounting qualification desirable and/or currently studying
- Understanding of procurement and issues associated with the delivery of goods to site
- Production of Trial Balance and monthly Management Accounts
Skills and Abilities
- Able to effectively manage resources to achieve business objectives
- Ability to develop systems and processes to manage and deliver required objectives
- High level analytical, with an ability to deliver creative solutions.
- Ability to build relationships; communicate and negotiate effectively, work under pressure, multitask and maintain high level of attention to detail.
- Able to use a PC including Microsoft Office applications, Sage 50, MS Dynamics and Business Central.
- Knowledge of MS Project Service Automation is desirable but not essential.
- This role may require the post holder to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Please apply online in the first instance with an up to date CV
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer