This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a strong technical and construction industry background and who would like to be play a key role in a growing business.
The company currently uses Solidworks 3D solutions to model architectural intent and produce production details. Internally the incumbent will manage the workflow within the design team in addition to ensuring the timely flow of work to the shop floor. The position has two junior designers reporting and it is expected that the incumbent will manage and coach as required.
You should be self-motivated, reliable and able to work to and meet deadlines. You should be equally comfortable client facing, with other professional representatives or with the colleagues on the shop floor. Being a small business it will sometimes be necessary to turn your hand to a wide range of tasks in the interests of the team, customer and business.
Besides having a strong experience of Solid Works you will be literate in MS Office (Word, Excel etc.). You will also be numerate, accurate and with specific attention to detail. Good written and communication skills are essential.
Skills and Experience:
- Seasoned professional designer with experience in light gauge steel frame, timber frame or modular construction
- Must show ability to solve technical problems and provide creative solutions
- Modular building , construction background
- Management level / ability / strong organisational ability
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Solidworks experience is preferred, 3D modelling essential, AutoCAD acceptable.
- Should have extensive detailed portfolio of projects in construction
- Experience of drawing and detailed revision control
- Degree educated (Preferably in a Design/Construction discipline)
- Solidworks / AutoCAD
##Cordant people are an equal opportunities employer – CP1##
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer