Senior Tooling Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Tooling Engineer to join their well established manufacturing company in Yatton. In this role you will be required to assist with various aspects of the development, design and manufacture of a range of punch tooling.
The role will require engineering experience and an insight into tooling manufacturing.
You will be responsible for working with CAD designers to ensure tooling designs are fit for purpose.
£28,000 – £30,000 per annum
- Assisting with tooling designs for prototypes and developing existing builds
- Working with CAD technicians to design and develop tooling systems
- Testing and improving punch tool designs
- Monitoring tooling assembly builds to ensure quality
- Monitoring and improving processes
- Studying work orders, drawings and making controlled alterations to assist with tooling development
- Working to set procedures and tolerances
- Maintain continuity among colleagues by documenting, reporting and communicating on actions, irregularities and continuing needs
- Work and liaise with various departments and external suppliers in the development of tooling systems
- 10 years + experience in the manufacturing of tooling
- Formal engineering qualification or time served apprenticeship essential
- Pres tool and jig manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience in mould or cast tooling is an advantage
Apply now or call 01173 035239 and ask for India, to find out more details.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer