Here at Cordant People we are recruiting a Shipping Coordinator for a client of ours in Chepstow. This is currently a Temporary role. This role is paying £23,000
The Shipping co-ordinator is responsible for the effective delivery of the shipping within the Group
- Arrange shipments outbound and updating X3 with all relevant shipping information.
- Negotiate freight rates, provide quotations and to ensure all freight invoices are correct Assist the Group Finance Manager with preparing tariffs for customers, ensuring the require profit margins as directed by the company are achieved by providing Shipping costs.
- Liaising with internal and external customers and third parties regarding shipments and queries
- Preparation of all shipping documents including but not limited to raising POs and commercial invoices
- Resolving queries for sales orders held in customs whilst liaising with sales representatives and customers
- Pre-empt and prepare for problems relating to shipping to specific destinations
- Provide proof of delivery upon request
- Work with the Dispatch department to plan dispatches
- Timely filing of all shipping related documentation
- Liaison with the Finance team for the preparation of invoices ensuring shipping costs are calculated accurately and passed onto customer.
- Ensure the timely completion of all processes in order to arrange the shipment for each order when approved “Terms Ship” by Finance on a daily basis.
- To provide cover for inbound back to back purchases of stock as and when required
- Must have previous Logistics experience
- Ideally experience with Shipping
- Strong attention to detail
- Very organised
If you need work quickly and you have the relevant skill set then please apply now.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer