We are working exclusively on an exciting opportunity to join a global business with a dynamic mindset. The Site Accountant will need to fully understand the key drivers of a manufacturing business and be able to analyse performance and communicate readily with others in the business to improve performance.
Reporting to Site General Manager and Group Finance Director the position of Site Accountant will be highly varied and require a hands-on approach daily. The position is primarily responsible for ensuring the financial control of a European site. This encompasses day-to-day financial management, key reporting activities and providing key management information to support the decision-making processes, providing support for the budgeting and forecasting process along with ad-hoc reporting.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be expected to bring a continuous improvement mindset to existing systems and processes, working closely with Operational and Technical Managers.
In this highly varied and hands on role the post holder will be responsible for ensuring the financial control of a European site, with occasional travel to other European sites.
Key to success
It is desirable that the successful individual would come from an industry background with preferable experience of manufacturing. The position may also suit a high calibre CA coming with detailed experience of auditing within a manufacturing portfolio.
Due to the high focus on ensuring accurate monthly reporting, it is critical that the successful candidate can work in a demanding commercial environment where there will be an expectation of producing several different reports on a regular basis. There will also be the opportunity to become a business partner and influence key stakeholders within the business which will require an open, honest and confident communication style.
It is essential that the successful candidate displays an ability to work at pace but also be very clear in their communications to their line manager and the wider business. Above all, this person must be an active participant in the operation and proactive in their approach to initiatives or tasks that may not necessarily be written in a job description.
Roles & Responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for and undertake:
- Management and preparation of weekly site KPI reports;
- Management and preparation of month end and year end tasks;
- Monitoring of site capital projects;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and variance analysis;
- Site compliance with, and testing of, SOX and company internal controls;
- Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts;
- Training and support of all management accountant trainees; and
- Support to the Site General Manager and Group Finance with ad-hoc financial information requirements.
Qualification(s) / Experience
- Fully qualified accountant (ICAS, ACCA or CIMA) or qualified by experience;
- Advanced excel skills – ability to manipulate data for financial analysis (including pivot tables and lookups);
- Open, honest and confident communication skills;
- Experience in relationship management;
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and analytical skills;
- Work on own initiative and manage own time effectively; and
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
- Experience operating as a Management Accountant, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX
Salary: Competitive and DOE
Full-time Hours – Normal working hours are 40 per week.
- Profit Share
- Employer Pension Scheme
- Professional qualification subscriptions covered by company
- CPD training financial support (where role relevant and agreed with line manager)
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme Annual Leave:
Holiday – as per site policy – 20 days + BH (increasing with length of service)
If this sounds like the job for you or you would like to hear more about this role, please click APPLY now or contact Jodie Tucker – Cordant People – Barnstaple on 01271 859135 or email me on
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted. Thank you.
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer