Due to ongoing growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Toolmaker to join a precision engineering company, based at their site in Wigan.
The company are an established precision Engineering company who specialise in a variety of Toolmaking services and precision manufacturing. With its large growth plans, this is an excellent time to join this ambitious company.
The role will involve working within a Precision Engineering environment, therefore you must have proven experience of Manual Lathes, Milling and Grinding machines and bench skills.
Responsibilities of the Toolmaker are to:
- Developing Tools, Jigs, Fixtures & Moulds
- Studying Engineering drawings and Computer generated Models
- Applying knowledge of materials and machining methods.
The Toolmaker skills:
- Highly detail oriented.
- Methodical Approach.
- Hardworking, enthusiastic, flexible, team player who is also able to use their own initiative & is a self-starter.
- Able to follow Work Instructions/Standard Operating Procedures.
- Strong communicator.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Able to work in high pressure manufacturing environment
- Able to work within the guidelines set out in the Procedure Manual and Quality Procedure Manual.
Time Served and have served a recognised apprenticeship in a precision engineering environment, ideally in the Blow or Injection die and mould industry but not essential.
- City & Guilds/ONC
Hours – Monday to Thursday 7.30am – 4pm, Friday 7.30am – 3pm
Salary – £29.5 – £31.5k plus Overtime.
Plus 25 days holidays and pension schemes, overtime available
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer