Here at Cordant people we are currently recruiting a Transport Planner to join a client of ours based in the Newport area. This is a full time permanent position and you would get rewarded with a salary of £25,000 a year.
You will work as part of an established duty team responsible for arranging of Transport of various commodities also covering Steel Coils, Long Products and general haulage Arranging for the packing list for all port calls prior to the vessel berthing at Portbury docks liaising with Bristol Port Authority obtain all the required documentation, information and times as instructed/requested by your Client or Manager/Director.
You will complete all transport movement and be responsible for calculating and keying accurate Data pro-forma via third party bespoke software.
Main Job roles:
* Liaising with clients once new transport requests are received
* Checking systems to obtain correct transport dimensions & weights
* Creating bookings in bespoke software
* Requesting quotations from hauliers
* Forwarding of official quotations to clients for approval
* Booking transport with hauliers ensuring correct client information and paperwork is created and adhered to
* Liaising with collection and delivery contacts including hauliers on a daily basis
* Obtaining invoices & proof of delivery
* Updating & invoicing jobs to clients dealing with any internal & external account queries
* Managing KPI’s and monitor performance of hauliers & internal departmental employee
* You will obtain all the required to obtain documentation, information from our Agency department
* Be responsible for the accurate preparation, completion, T1 Customs Declaration & Delivery documentation
via third party bespoke software or Government Portal
* Communicating / Emailing the various documentation to Clients, Hauliers, Port Authority
* Prepare and complete all data input accurate information within our operating system ‘Datafreight. Net’,
* Accurately calculate Invoice Sales, within on our operating system ‘Datafreight. Net’,
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Clients, UK Boarder Force, Hmrc, Hauliers, Agents, Terminal
* Assist the Manager/Director in the training and support of new Employees in the role of Logistics Coordinator,
* The prompt communication of problems, in particular emergency situations in accordance with established Emergency
* Attend both offsite & onsite training courses arranged by the company to build up you own knowledge and experience.
* This may involve you working out-of-office hours, evenings, and weekends as per our department rota system or directed by the department Manager/Director,
* Updating & invoicing jobs to clients
* Ensuring our operating system ‘Datafreight. Net’ is updated in a timely manner
* Completing customer care responses within the required timescale
* Ability to work to strict timescales in a fast-paced environment.
* Writing off suppliers invoices our operating system ‘Datafreight. Net’
To be successful you must have:
- Atleast 1 years experience working as a Transport Planner
- Experience with receiving and processing orders
- Experience organising Transport for goods.
- Previous experience liaising with ports
- Invoicing knowledge is also essential
- Great attention to details
- Strong work ethic
- Willing to work over your contracted hours if needed
- £25,000 Salary
- 25 holidays + bank holidays (33 in total)
- Free on site parking
This role will be working 8:30 to 5 Monday to Friday.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and you feel this role is for you then please apply now!
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer